(09-18) The Law: Numbers 21-24
1) As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
2) As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
3) A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
4) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
5) Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
6) He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
7) The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
8) As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
9) As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouths of fools.
10) The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
12) Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13) The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14) As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
15) The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
16) The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
17) He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.
18) As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
19) So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
20) Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
21) As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22) The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
23) Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
24) He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;
25) When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26) Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.
27) Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
28) A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.