5091 E. University, Pleasant Hill, IA, 50327, (515) 265-5714

Pleasant Hill Church of Christ
  Church History

     The congregation at 5091 E. University in Pleasant Hill, Iowa has been gathering together each Lord's day since November of 1959. Charter members from the Dean Avenue congregation in Des Moines, Iowa started the congregation under the guidance of evangelist Eugene Suddeth until elders could be established. The congregation is now shepherded by four elders: Carroll Warren, Bob Flack, Lowell Hermon and Mike Warner. We also have four deacons: Larry Brady, Mike Brady, David Ingle and Marty Williamson.

     The history of the church goes back much further however. It began in Acts 2 on the day of Pentecost in approximately 29 A.D. when the apostles were given the power of the Holy Spirit, and the church of Christ had its first gathering. These saints and apostles had been obedient to Christ's words, "To tarry at Jerusalem until this power comes upon you!". They listened to the Head of the church, the One who purchased it with His blood, and will continue to be its Head until He returns to receive his bride...the church! Christ established the true church and all saints who want to be saved should pattern their lives and worship services after Christ's teachings and the examples set forth by the apostles who were guided by the Holy Spirit.

-submitted by Vern Ingle